Get paid to work remotely on a leading open source project built in Golang, React and React Native with over 10,000 GitHub stars.
Mattermost, Inc. is the company behind the Mattermost open source project, a self-hosted team communication solution with hundreds of contributors. Mattermost software is used by thousands of organizations including public companies, financial and health care organizations, research institutions and universities. Our vision is a world more connected to what matters most, and our mission is to give every organization the power to achieve their highest priorities through modern communication.
We value high impact work, ownership, being proud of what we build, and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and come talk to us!
- Play a pivotal role in setting direction and standards for a large open source project
- Guide, review and support open source contributors and community members
- Design, implement, test and release new improvements to Mattermost across front end, back end, clients, and infrastructure
- Writes thoughtful, high quality code
- Communicate clearly, especially in writing
- Works effectively while remote, with the ability to travel 2-3 times per year for week-long off-site meetings with team members
- Experience working in open source communities
Learn more about working at Mattermost from our Core Team Handbook.
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
Application/Email - Review of code samples - In your application you can include a link to any public open source work you've done, including GitHub, GitLab or BitBucket profiles. If you'd like to share privately we can send you our ID for GitHub, GitLab or BitBucket, or we can review code you send in via email.
- Email - General questions - If your code samples look good, we'll email you some questions specific to your interest in the role.
- 30m - Screening interview - Selected candidates will be invited for a 30 minute screening call with a recruiter.
- 15m - Soft-skills discussion - Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 15-minute interview with a staff developer to assess soft skills.
- 60m - Technical interview - The next step is a technical interview with a staff developer.
- 60m - CTO interview - Candidates are invited to an interview with our CTO and co-creator of the Mattermost open source project.
- 50m - CEO interview - Finally, candidates will have a 50-minute interview with our CEO.
- Email with offer if you got in
Top 10 reasons to work for Mattermost:
- Do the best work of your career: Join like-minded people with high standards and outstanding talent.
- Build on the cutting edge: Develop in Golang, React, React Native and other technologies changing the world.
- Work remote: No commute, plus complete control of your environment and freedom to travel.
- Be recognized: Working in open source, your contributions are publicly visible and will echo on throughout your career.
- Growth: Join a growing product, a growing community, and a growing company.
- Do good: Build open source software benefiting thousands of companies, research institutions, schools and non-profits.
- Improve a product you use every day: Your opinion matters.
- Focus on results: Output matters, not hours worked. Enjoy life and don't burn out.
- Learn, Master, Teach: Building new skills, becoming experts, and training others is core to our culture.
- Friends around the world: Build relationships with staff and contributors in dozens of countries.
Acerca de Mattermost, Inc
Mattermost is an open source, private cloud alternative to proprietary communication services. Hundreds of contributors around the world help develop the software in 11 languages. — Perfil completo de Mattermost, Inc